NEWARK, DE, October 5, 2023 – Humane Animal Partners (HAP), a leading nonprofit animal welfare organization in Delaware with locations in Stanton/Christiana, Wilmington, and Rehoboth Beach is excited to announce a significant renovation project that will revitalize its Stanton/Christiana campus. Formerly the home of the Delaware SPCA until it merged with Delaware Humane Association in 2021 and later became HAP, this much-needed renovation marks a significant milestone in HAP’s mission to enhance the lives of animals and strengthen the bond between pets and their human companions.
To help make space as construction begins in mid-October, HAP is offering $30 adoption fees for all dogs over 30 lbs. at all three of its adoption centers across the state. This special adoption promotion is valid from Friday, October 6 – Sunday, October 8. To browse promo-eligible dogs and all of HAP’s adoptable animals, visit humaneanimalpartners.org or stop by any HAP adoption center location.
The Stanton/Christiana campus has served as a vital hub for animal welfare in Delaware for decades. While some sections of the facility have undergone updates over the years, certain areas have remained untouched since the facility’s construction fifty years ago. HAP is committed to modernizing and improving these spaces to provide a better experience for the community and the animals it serves.
Key elements of the renovation project include:
- Inviting Lobby and Reception Area: HAP is committed to creating a welcoming environment for all visitors and adopters. A refreshed lobby and reception area will provide a more comfortable and inviting space for the more than 20,000 people who walk through the doors each year.
- Enhanced Dog Care Kennels: Canine residents under HAP’s care deserve the best care possible! The renovation will include modernizing and upgrading dog care kennels, ensuring a safe, comfortable, and less stressful environment for HAP’s furry friends while they await loving homes.
- Community Resource Area: Members of the community will have a larger, more inviting space to gather for volunteer orientation and to check in for volunteer shifts, which we hope will increase the number of community members volunteering at HAP Stanton/Christiana.
- Enhanced Medical Isolation: Renovated isolation areas for sick animals will improve disease control and provide higher quality living conditions for the animals in our care.
- Larger Pet Food Pantry: HAP’s commitment to helping families feed their beloved pets will be amplified through an expanded pet food pantry. This vital resource will be even more accessible to those who rely on it.
The renovation project is part of HAP’s broader commitment to improving the welfare of animals and enhancing the adoption experience for families in Delaware. By modernizing its facilities, HAP aims to further elevate its position as a premier animal welfare organization in the state.
“We are thrilled to announce this transformative renovation of our Stanton/Christiana campus,” said Patrick Carroll, CEO of Humane Animal Partners. “This project represents a significant step forward in our mission to provide the best possible care for animals in need and create a more welcoming environment for our community members. We extend our heartfelt thanks to our dedicated supporters, whose generosity has made this renovation possible.”
The project has been made possible through generous grants from The Longwood Foundation and Crystal Trust, as well as the State of Delaware Community Reinvestment Fund and individual gifts. People interested in investing in the project financially are encouraged to contact HAP’s Director of Philanthropy, Kate Callihan. Naming opportunities will be available soon.
HAP will provide regular updates on the progress of the renovation, and the community is encouraged to follow along on social as the Stanton/Christiana campus is transformed into an even more exceptional place for animals and their future families.